Our Dockerills website allows you to prepare an order for items that are currently displayed, and these are being extended in 2012 from the extensive stock range readily available in the Brighton shop.
Initially this process is comparable to a Catalogue with follow-up of your order enquiry by phone or email, and payment being off line – over the phone or when collecting from the shop. Delivery costs are advised as an email update to your order (or by phone if preferred, with payment).
As the Sales Counter Staff are very experienced and knowledgeable in tracing suitable products for retail and trade enquiries, please email them via the Contact Us page or phone 01273 607434. This will possibly be the case in early 2012 before the extensive range of products are added to the website.
Order Preparation / Confirmation / Update / Payment
• “Search” and “Add to Cart” actions are possible without a Login, although it is preferable to Register / Login to view more aspects of the website
• Assuming that you find the suitable product(s) or service on the website, it will create an order with your choice of delivery or “reserve & collect in store” with the appropriate billing / shipping address. You will need at least a billing address (auto-option for the shipping address) even for orders as reserved stock “collected in store”.
• This order is displayed in the Checkout, with the VAT component and selected delivery message / collection.
• By clicking on “Place Order” the system sends you an email confirmation of your order with ID number and simultaneously to our Sales Counter in Brighton.
• The sales counter staff will review your emailed order and respond by email or phone (particularly if there are any price discrepancies or stock availability delays). Any shipping and handling (delivery) cost information is entered on your order and you will receive an email of this update confirmation.
• For non-Account customers, payment is required before the goods are released. This is arranged in advance over the phone by Debit / Credit Card with the counter staff for orders requiring shipping. For any “reserve & collect” orders from the shop, payment by Debit / Credit Card, Cash or Cheque can be made at time of collection.
This page records the status of your shopping order and shows the order quantity, unit (or pack) prices excluding VAT (and FYI inc. VAT), Subtotal excluding VAT, Shipping & Handling information / costs, VAT (Tax) and Grand Total in £ sterling. There is a panel on the right hand side of the page – YOUR CHECKOUT PROGRESS, which also allows you to make changes.
When clicking on the “Place Order” button, the order confirmation emails are sent, which alerts the counter staff to process the “Reserve and Collect in Store” orders. This is also the way to obtain Shipping and Handling costs from the Dockerills counter staff (as they update your order remotely). The subsequent email confirmation has these costs included in the Grand Total for your trade account or subsequent payment call.
Alternatively you can phone the counter staff whilst on the Checkout to obtain any Shipping and Handling costs, before clicking “Place Order” - if acceptable to you. Whilst on the phone, you can make the payment by Debit / Credit Card using the Order ID Number as a reference.
This page lists all your previous orders via this website, which can be a useful reference source.
Sales Counter - Brighton
The Dockerills Sales Counter staff are knowledgeable and experienced in handling enquiries on the varied product range sought by customers. In cases of temporary stock outages or special order items, they may recommend alternative products where appropriate, and supply these with customers’ prior approval. Given this product diversity and applications, we at Dockerills encourage contact by telephone, email or fax and of course by visiting the Shop.
Where certain products state “Please call for prices”, then please do so on 01273 607434; or email via the Contact Us, noting the Subject Heading and Product short description. We will then be able to help you fulfill your order.